The Embassy of Austria in Washington D.C. is seeking a Front Desk Assistant
Location: Austrian Embassy Washington D.C.
Date of Employment: February 2017
Starting salary: US$ 36,000 to 40,000 gross p.a., depending on qualification and experience
This is a full time position. Salary and employment details will be confirmed upon offer of employment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting and assisting visitors
- Answering, screening, routing incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner and provide callers with general information
- Receiving and distributing incoming mail
- Preparing and recording outgoing mail, administrate postage account
- Assisting with administrative tasks, projects and Embassy events
- Responding to and assisting with maintenance and work requests in collaboration with facility maintenance companies, overseeing contractor's performance
- Security screening of visitors and incoming mail as needed
- Matters of personnel and building security
- Assisting with building management
Qualified candidates will have several years related experience, as well as excellent customer service, interpersonal, telephone and computer skills. Ability to identify problems and solve them. Work independently and effectively as part of a team with varying work hours. Strong organizational skills. Excellent verbal communication, knowledge of German would be an asset. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Please apply in writing by February 20, 2017 by e-mail only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include:
- A CV of not more than two pages
- A motivation letter of not more than one page
Please do not attach copies of certificates or references, as these will be requested at a later stage. Only applicants who meet essential requirements will be contacted for an interview. We regret we are unable to refund travel expenses.